Monday, January 7, 2013

Our Newest Addition - PHOENIX

Welcome back!!  I hope your holiday season was all you wanted and more.  Sorry for the delay in updating...after everyone returned from their holidays and all of our Board & Trains went home - Jinx, Blizzard, Sophie and Ellie - I took a break and headed up to see some friends for the new year and visit my Step-mom in VA.  

It can be hard to get away at times and this was just the trip I needed.  I was looking forward to some well earned R&R.

But then, just as I was heading out - I got confirmation about some pups that I had been checking on for a while.  A momma dog had wandered onto a ladies property pregnant and had delivered a litter of 8 pups.  The lady took her and the pups inside, made her comfortable and began looking for a placement for them all.  

Mom looks like a Pointer mix to me and Dad is unknown, but there are 2 red merle, 2 blue merle and 2 with bobbed tails which means that Dad must have had some Aussie in there somewhere.






And you know how I am about Aussie mixes, so when she said she needed some help with the litter, I was delighted to help!

Like the J's - this little one has come to me to finish weaning at only 3 weeks old.  I picked up our newest member on my way through to VA and from Day 1 she has made an impact. The timing worked well as I had all this time off to dedicate to her and make sure she was off to a great start.

 She is a darling little thing and I really look forward to watching her grow!





No comments:

Post a Comment