Monday, February 4, 2013

Better Lives & BFFs

At any given time, we will have 7-8 permanent residents, 2-3 boarders and 1-2 foster dogs.  We do this because we can, we have the space and the time and because I have wanted to help dogs since I can remember.



I know I can't save them all...and I know I am making but a small difference in the overall scheme of things - but you know, that drop in the bucket most definitely ripples out to other things.

We help these dogs have a better life, learn new skills that keep them out of shelters and in homes and they in turn they help their owners have a better life...and sometimes they go on to help other people have a better life by doing therapy or assistance work. 

Anytime I think - why am I doing this again - I remember dogs that just need a second chance like Luka and those that are tossed aside like Paige.  Not all rescues are horror stories but all the dogs rescued need a better life...and I love being a part of that.

Paige is doing beautifully.  She and Phoenix have paired up like long lost siblings even though at Paige is at least a month older.  They are most often seen by each others sides - very cute.  



Paige is taking a note from Phe and is becoming more confident and steady every day.  We just took all the guys out to the lake - even though the water was freezing cold and Paige had a blast!



No comments:

Post a Comment